Auditions for the 2023-24 Season
Auditions for D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective’s Ensemble will be held on the 31st of July 2023, between 5:00 and 8:30 pm, at the Black Box Theatre, in Nambour, Qld.
Based on the Sunshine Coast, D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective is an award-winning professional physical theatre company that engages its member artists in training, creative development, live performances, in-school workshops and community activities every year. There are opportunities for paid work on different projects throughout the year.
We are looking for long-term enthusiastic collaborators to join our multicultural freelance team of devising performing artists. We employ performer-creators and researcher-actors who bring their background, experience, culture, time and energy to study, research, question, create and develop their own artistic seeds to be planted in our collective creative garden. Our ensemble is made not only of actors but of artists who have hands-on engagement in all the steps involved in creating our artistic products, be it idea generation, storyboarding, scene composition, script devising, choreography, music, dramaturgy, lighting, costume design or other areas.
One of the fundaments of our group is the belief in physical and political theatre training as a developing practice and evolving exercise in exploration. Whether during creative development or when not working on a particular production, we always train together. Training allows us to stay connected, strengthen our artistic community, develop a collective language and improve a set of shared tools and skills to be used during devising and rehearsal periods. D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective runs a year-long training program, in which all ensemble performers are expected to participate. Artists receive a Diver Training Pass, valued at $2,100.
Ensemble artists also work together in running our company and are committed to promoting D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective as a theatre company of excellence on the Sunshine Coast and in Queensland.
D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective will invite two local artists to join our ensemble. Together with our current team of performers, they will work across existing shows and new projects during creation, rehearsals and touring. There are also paid opportunities to run in-school workshops and community projects.
Applications must be submitted by 6:00 pm, 21 July 2023 (please see details & link below). Selected applicants will be contacted and offered an audition time slot.
Applicants for D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective Ensemble would have the attributes below:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be based in the Sunshine Coast area for the duration of the training, rehearsal and show season
- Experience as a performing artist (or passion and dedication to the performing arts)
- Familiarity with contemporary theatre practices
- Passion for experimenting on the stage
- Respect for other team members, being open to undertaking collective work
- Willingness to accept suggestions and direction while creating work
- Commitment to training as part of their professional development – ensemble artists are required to attend all training sessions during the year
- Sharing D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective’s ideal and vision for the performing arts
- Commitment to our schedule of training, creative development, rehearsal and shows in 2023 and 2024.
- Inclination to develop a long-term relationship with D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective
- Engagement in the promotion of D.I.V.E. Theatre Collective as a company of excellence on the Sunshine Coast and in Queensland
- Fluency in a language other than English is a plus but not essential
- Availability to donate a few hours to help in the daily run of the Collective, fundraising activities and the production process.
Auditions will consist of a 20-minute session in which applicants will be interviewed by our Artistic Director and present a short scene inspired by written and visual texts.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the link below.
The Audition Information Pack (link below) contains all the information you need to submit your application, including season dates and audition requirements.
Please note that only applications completed in full will be considered for an audition.